- "I love Lynn and those girls, but we knew this day would come. Jefferson, I've known you since you were 12 years old. You're like my son, so I have to tell you the truth. The promise you made Lynn was well-intentioned, but it always had an expiration date."
At some point, Gambi became a member of a government organization called the A.S.A. In 1986, Peter was tasked with gather meta-humans, but after realizing that the A.S.A's vaccine was killing children, he leaked the information to Alvin Pierce, who began an investigation that eventually got him killed by Tobias Whale. After realizing that one of the metahumans was Jefferson Pierce, Alvin's son, Gambi knew he couldn't let the A.S.A. get him. Gambi met Jefferson Pierce when the latter was twelve years old, raising him. He trained Jefferson in fighting and tactics. Some years later, when Jefferson began acting as the vigilante Black Lightning, Gambi designed him a protective suit to wear. Jefferson eventually retired from vigilantism, much to the chagrin of Gambi.
Over a decade later, working from his own tailoring shop, Gambi arrived to find an injured Jefferson in his shop. He helped patch him up, suggesting he continue his vigilantism. Jefferson disagreed, but after his daughters were taken, he returned to Gambi, who unveiled a new vigilante suit for him.
Gambi proposed bringing down Lala to find out who he was working for, but Jefferson told Gambi that he would be done after they brought down Lala. Later, Gambi discovered Will's body in a dumpster and alerted Jefferson, planning to use his cell phone to uncover evidence. Lynn Stewart showed up at the shop and the two passed blame back and forth: Lynn blaming Gambi for trying to pull Jefferson out of a situation he was content with, while Gambi blamed Lynn for keeping Jefferson from his true calling of being a protector. Jefferson then returned and became Black Lightning for good again after Lawanda White's murder and his failure to protect her as a simple civilian.
Gambi improved upon the gauntlets in Black Lightning's suit, allowing Jeff to try them out. He later helped Jefferson to create a detour route for Reverend Holt's march, sending them on a route that Jefferson could easily watch over the crowd safely from a high vantage point. Later, Gambi discovered Tobias Whale's photo on camera footage and deleted the images to hide the truth from Jefferson.
Shortly following, Gambi was led to a crime scene following the death of Ronald Wright, a dealer of Green Light. Jefferson called him, tipping him off to Wright, but Gambi reported that he'd already found his dead body. After this, Gambi assisted Jefferson in a mission to find a stash of Green Light, but Jefferson was distracted by explosion-like sounds. He investigated the other scene, but found nothing, and so returned to the original scene. Gambi took a rifle and investigated the scene himself, taking a photo of a fracture in the ground.
Installing the ability for Jefferson to fly into his suit, Gambi watched on as he tested it out. Gambi left to tend to matters upstairs in his shop, Tobias Whale and Syonide having entered his shop. Tobias requested Black Lightning's identity, but Gambi feigned any knowledge of it. Discovering Joey Toledo to be back on the streets, Jefferson confronted Gambi. Gambi claimed to have not known that he was back, but was interrupted when Jeff passed out mid-sentence. Calling in Lynn, Gambi suggested that his collapse and prior headaches were related to his suit's new hover function. Shortly following, Gambi entered his bunker to see Jefferson putting on the Black Lightning suit. He urged him to not go after Toledo in his condition, but Jeff ignored him.
Having been beaten up by Toledo, Gambi went after Jeff, rescuing him in a van, taking him back to his shop to be treated by Lynn. The following night, Gambi had Jefferson test his powers, having figured the problem with his suit, figuring it to be a problem with the level of resistance in the suit. They began talking about Toledo and Tobias, Jefferson getting suspicious that Gambi clearly didn't want him to pursue Tobias. Following the interaction, Gambi went to see Lynn at her work, arriving before her. He emphasized her need to get involved, as Jefferson intended to kill someone, an action he believed to be one that he wouldn't come back from. That night, Gambi's computers were notified of Jefferson's activity as Black Lightning, but he was soon shut out from seeing anything. The night after, Jefferson having finally set up an opportunity to kill Tobias, Gambi patched Lynn through to him, convincing him not to follow through. Instead heading to Bowman College to help Lynn, Jefferson unknowingly beat up Anissa. They called Gambi, who helped transport her so they could patch her up. Annoyed at Lynn having been attacked, Gambi went to see Lady Eve, who questioned him on the metahuman that had attacked her crew.
- Computer hacking: Gambi possesses impressive computer hacking skills, as he has stated that he can hack into any database, including Freeland Police Department.
- Marksmanship: Gambi seems to possess at least some basic firearm skills, as he was prepared to use a rifle when he went to investigate a scene,, a pistol when Tobias Whale appeared in his shop. and when he killed Joey Toledo with two shots to the chest.
- Engineering: Gambi is a skilled engineer as he created the First and the Second Black Lightning suit which was more armored and has more technology built into it such as as goggles with "electric vision" and a feature that helped with flight. Though the latter caused headaches to the user which was eventually fixed. He is also currently working on a suit for Anissa to use.
- Jefferson has mentioned that Gambi is Italian.
- Gambi has admitted that whenever Jefferson calls him "Handsome", Gambi can't say no to him.
- It has been implied that after the murder of Jefferson's father, that Gambi raised Jefferson as his foster son, since Gambi has known Jeff since he was 12-years-old, and Lynn mentions in "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder", to Gambi "You raised Jeff to be Black Lightning". This is confirmed in "The Book of Revelations" when Gambi confesses his true identity to Jefferson, hiding him from the A.S.A. once he realized Jefferson was a metahuman as a result of their experiments.
- In "Equinox: The Book of Fate", Anissa refers to Gambi as "Uncle Gambi", which implies that the Pierce family considers Gambi to be an honorary uncle to Anissa and Jennifer.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the DC comics, Peter Gambi is the man who murdered Jefferson's father, Alvin Pierce. However, in the series Tobias Whale is the one who murdered Alvin.
- "The Resurrection"
- "Lawanda: The Book of Hope"
- "Lawanda: The Book of Burial"
- "Black Jesus"
- "And Then the Devil Brought the Plague: The Book of Green Light"
- "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder"
- "Equinox: The Book of Fate"
- "The Book of Revelations"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "And Then the Devil Brought the Plague: The Book of Green Light"
- ↑ "The Book of Revelations"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "The Resurrection"
- ↑ "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Lawanda: The Book of Hope"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "Lawanda: The Book of Burial"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Black Jesus"
- ↑ "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder"
- ↑ Błąd rozszerzenia cite: Błąd w składni elementu
<ref>. Brak tekstu w przypisie o nazwie